What is a Mommy Makeover?
At Scarpidis Aesthetics, we help you restore your body with a mommy makeover – which is actually a set of procedures – to address the physical damage from pregnancy and breastfeeding. A woman’s body can suffer extensive damage, with the taut, firm, youthful figure of a pre-baby body appearing gone forever – but modern aesthetic surgery, along with non-surgical technology, can allow you to once again be proud of your figure. You can once again wear revealing clothing, feeling confident
that you look your best. Our customized mommy makeovers in New York City can include:
- Tummy Tuck: This surgical procedure will restore and tighten the abdominal muscle structure, remove excess stretched skin, and restore your tummy so it looks flat, firm, and trim. The skin removed will be on the lower abdomen, the location of many stretch marks. These scars may be excised altogether, or minimally will appear less obvious after the procedure, as your skin will be tightened and firmed.
- Breast Lift: One of the most distressing issues women face is what happens to the breasts after pregnancy and breastfeeding. Once plump, youthful breasts now appear saggy or deflated, often lower on the chest wall. A breast lift resculpts your existing breast tissue, raises the breasts, and addresses problems with nipples that are low on the breast, have stretched, or other cosmetic issue. The result is breasts that once again look firm, youthful, and rounded.
- Breast Augmentation: Performed as a single procedure, or in combination with a breast lift, many women lose breast volume after pregnancy and childbirth. Breast augmentation surgery allows them to have the breast size, projection, and shape that is in perfect balance with the body when performed by Dr. Scarpidis.
- Liposuction: If you have fatty deposits that just won’t disappear, no matter how much you watch your diet, or how devoted you are to your workouts, our advanced liposuction treatments can trim away excess fat on love handles, tummy, or other body area. This procedure is an excellent body sculpting method for women who have retained good skin elasticity.
- Stretch Mark Treatment: Skin with stretch marks can be treated with an advanced treatment we offer, called the Icon Aesthetic System. This laser treatment works to trigger the body’s natural regenerative process to produce new skin cells to smooth and firm a body area that has been damaged by stretch marks.
- Breast Reduction: Some mothers dream of having smaller breasts, and seek breast reduction surgery after pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. The breasts may have retained added volume, or the mother just wants the youthful, appealing look of breasts in better proportion with the rest of the body. This procedure reshapes breast tissue, removing excess fat and tissue, repositioning the nipple structure, for a fresh, firm, youthful appearance.
Mommy Makeover in New York: The Process
If you are undergoing surgical procedures, such as a tummy tuck and breast lift, you need to plan for several weeks off work. After surgery, the body needs to rest and heal. Plan on having another person, whether a friend or family member, stay with you for the first few days after your surgery. You will have prescription pain medication to keep you comfortable during the early stages. Gentle walks within your home are advised to help with circulation.
You will have several post-operative appointments with us, so we can ensure recovery is proceeding well. You will not be able to drive for several weeks. If you work, plan on two weeks off work. Some tips that will help you through recovery:
- You should sleep in a reclining position – a reclining chair or wedge is more effective than a stack of pillows.
- If you have had breast augmentation as part of your mommy makeover, you will be taught how to gently massage your new breasts to speed healing and comfort.
- Ice packs are beneficial for healing, as they reduce swelling and discomfort. In the first 72 hours, applying ice packs is advised. Reducing inflammation and swelling aids in healing.
- You will be wearing surgical garments after your mommy makeover. These elasticized garments are effective in keeping the treated area safe and constrained for better healing. These garments are typically worn for about six weeks and support your body, so the tissues and skin knit correctly.
The Final Phase: Your Body is Back.
After about two to three months, your restored body is fully revealed. We will be carefully monitoring every phase of your recovery. Once the swelling has subsided, and your breasts look and feel as they should, you will be cleared to resume your usual lifestyle, including exercise. You will need to avoid very strenuous exercise for longer – every patient is different. Our goal is to get you back to feeling your best as quickly as possible.
It is exciting to see your body and breasts once again looking youthful, fit, and firm. Our patients often tell us they can’t stop smiling. After (in many cases) years of feeling less attractive due to saggy skin, droopy breasts, stretch marks, or excess fat and tissue, to finally see your body looking great again is a rewarding life experience. There is no need to live with the damage from pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding: our custom mommy makeover treatments to resculpt,
firm, and restore your body can help you restore your body – and feel incredible.
Why Scarpidis Aesthetics for a Mommy Makeover in New York?
Dr. Ulysses H. Scarpidis is a leading board-certified plastic surgeon who is passionate about helping women. He uses the most advanced surgical and non-surgical techniques. He does not “rest on his laurels,” but continues to investigate the latest generation of technological advances in aesthetics to better serve his patients.
The options available in modern aesthetics can produce truly remarkable results without surgery. While some mothers may require surgery to repair and restore the body, some may only require a combination of non-surgical treatments – we use the latest generation of modern aesthetic technological tools to reshape and recontour the body.
Should I Get a Mommy Makeover?
The decision to undergo a mommy makeover is very personal; only the individual woman knows how much a damaged figure affects how she feels. The women who come to us for this procedure have similar complaints about their bodies. If you have any of the following issues – and they affect how you feel about yourself – you are probably a candidate for our custom mommy makeover in NYC:
- Saggy breasts
- Drooping or enlarged nipple structure
- Breasts appear deflated or flat
- Breasts have sunk lower on the chest wall
- Tummy zone is stretched
- Abdominal muscles appear split
- Stretch marks on breasts or abdomen
- Saggy skin on lower abdomen
- Fatty deposits that won’t reduce, even with exercise and diet
Your Pre-Baby Body Can Be Restored
If you are unhappy with the damage your body sustained after pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding – we have answers. Our mommy makeover treatments will be customized to address all of the body areas that bother you. Not only will your body be restored and rejuvenated, trimmed, slimmed, and sculpted – your confidence in your body image will soar. Imagine once again being able to wear revealing swimwear, tummy-revealing tops, and low-cut dresses or other garments with total
Hi! My name is Julia. I am the Chief Plastic Surgery Specialist at Scarpidis Aesthetics.
Feel free to ask me any questions, I'll be happy to help!
Scarpidis Aesthetics in New York: We Love Mothers.
We respect all that mothers do, and the sacrifices they make in bearing and raising children. We also believe that mothers have the right to take advantage of modern aesthetic treatments to restore the breasts and body. It is empowering, rewarding, and exciting to see your body looking youthful, fresh, and restored once again – and we are proud to be premier plastic surgery clinic chosen by mothers throughout New York.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Have a Mommy Makeover Even Though I Haven't Had Children?
Yes, mommy makeovers are ideal for women of all ages who haven't had children and want to be free from loose abdominal skin, droopy breasts, or who want to achieve a more sculpted look. Even with committing to a healthy diet and exercise, achieving a sculpted, trim figure may not be achievable without the modern body sculpting techniques we offer at Scarpidis Aesthetics.
How Long Does a Mommy Makeover Take to Perform?
Depending on the scope of the procedures involved, a mommy makeover can take from two to four hours or even longer.
What is Included in a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a customized treatment that addresses your post-pregnancy body issues in a single surgery. In some cases, two surgeries are required. You have unique issues, and only a custom treatment will solve them. At Scarpidis Aesthetics, we take the time to get to know you and your concerns so that we can create a treatment plan that is just right for you. Typical mommy makeovers include: Tummy
Tuck, Breast Enhancement, Lift or Augmentation, Liposuction, and Body Sculpting.
Should I Wait Until my Family is Complete Before Proceeding with the Mommy Makeover?
If you are still thinking about adding to your family and another pregnancy, we recommend waiting to have a mommy makeover. Although nothing is stopping you from having more children, getting pregnant again after a mommy makeover will affect the positive affects of the procedure as your body shape changes.
How Much Pain Will I be in After Surgery?
A mommy makeover is an extensive procedure that may include several areas of your body. Pain tolerance can vary from patient to patient, but most describe the discomfort as moderate. Discomfort is most most noticeable in the first 24 hours following surgery, but you will have prescription pain medication to take during this period.
What Type of Scarring is Expected After a Mommy Makeover?
Since each mommy makeover is customized to suit the person, the incisions and the amount of scarring will be different depending on the specific areas addressed with each procedure. With careful operative techniques and attention to detail, along with advanced scar management, it is our goal to have the smallest, least visible scar possible.
How Long Will it Take to Recover from a Mommy Makeover?
Recovery time will vary depending on the procedures performed. You can expect to take two to four weeks off from work. Carefully follow all of your surgeon's instructions before and after your surgery. Peace of mind is important so planning for your recovery should make it a smooth process - and well worth it in how you feel about your body.
I Recently Had a Baby. How Long Should I Wait to Have a Mommy Makeover?
Take some time for you. Giving birth is a traumatic event on your body, and you need time to recover. You should wait at least six months before undergoing a mommy makeover, and should be at your normal, pre-baby weight or close to it.
How Do I Get the Best Results From a Mommy Makeover?
The best way to get ready for your mommy makeover is to have a private consultation with us so we can discuss all of your questions and concerns, along with pre and post-operative details. If you care for yourself and carefully follow your aftercare instructions, your recovery should be swift and uneventful. The end result - a restored body and breasts - will leave you feeling confident in your body, free to wear revealing clothing, and back to the firm, sculpted body you had before
having children - or even better.
You are Invited.
It is important that you feel comfortable at our luxury New York plastic surgery clinic, and with Dr. Scarpidis. We invite you to visit us, meet us, and discover a clinic that offers more than the average. We have gone the distance to create a clinic that offers compassion, warmth, discretion, and all the amenities that make the journey more pleasurable.